No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Autodesk AutoCAD 2024
- Brand: Autodesk
– 100% Genuine version.
– Included – Video Tutorials
– Runs On Windows PC and Mac
– Download product(s) from the official website
– All the available versions of All Autodesk ( 2021-2022-2023-2024)
ABOUT AUTODESK AUTOCAD 2024 (3 Years Subscription)
Easily the most recognizable computer-aided design program, AutoCAD allows you to create drawings and plans in 2D and 3D models. It’s a useful tool for designers of all sorts, from architects and engineers to graphic designers and interior decorators.
Please note that Autodesk offers only subscription-based licenses for our products. Lifetime or perpetual licenses are not legally available and are exclusively issued for student use, not for commercial purposes. if you need a Lifetime License, please get in touch with us.
A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO PURCHASE AUTOCAD 2024 WITH DISCOUNT
AutoCAD is a computer-aided design (CAD) software broadly applied in engineering, architecture, and construction design by engineers and specialists whose main objective is to produce precise 2D and 3D drawings. AutoCAD includes specific features tailored in compliance with modern industry standards and diversified smart objects that provide means for architecture, mechanical engineering, electrical design, as well as other associated projects and works. AutoCAD is an engineering software commonly acknowledged, accepted and used in the industry due to its steadiness, simplicity in utilization and accuracy in implementation of engineering works irrespective of difficulty and various challenges.
Autodesk AutoCAD 2024 version is at last available with a main emphasis on customized functionality, fast-tracking creativity, and a well-integrated experience of various design tasks.
Getting Started with AutoCAD 2024
Before proceeding with utilizing AutoCAD 2024, it is important to familiarize yourself with the software in overall as well as go through the list of key features being included in the latest version. That information is crucial to develop a proper understanding about software functionality and how it can benefit your project.
AutoCAD Purchasing Options
Before proceeding with in-depth evaluation of technical specifications and main features of AutoCAD, it is worth going through the purchasing options. Keep in mind that it is always more beneficial to purchase the official version of Autodesk AutoCAD 2024, because that will ensure smooth utilization of design software without being worried about any bugs, conflicts or limited as well as missing features. Officially purchased version of AutoCAD 2024 also provides you with flexibility to always receive the latest updates and hence, continuously remain connected to the newest innovations, which can possibly improve your design project or aid in completing a sophisticated, while saving previous time. The following overview provides various purchasing options for AutoCAD 2024 for your consideration:
- Subscription-based licensing models: Based on the latest information, Autodesk is retiring licenses option based on serial numbers. From now on, every subscription is being assigned to a named user. New plans offer a wide range of capabilities for organizations of all sizes. Admins allocate subscriptions to respective users with exciting Autodesk Accounts. Registered users access Autodesk products via simple Autodesk sign-in. Subscription options include Standard, Premium, Enterprise and Education types.
- Perpetual licenses and maintenance plans: Perpetual licenses include a one-off subscription to provides a lifetime access to licensed Autodesk products and services. This option is suitable for individuals, groups or organizations that plan to use Autodesk AutoCAD 2024 in a long-term perspective. Same applies to maintenance plans, which provide you with instant access to the newest Autodesk product releases and improvements.
- Educational and Student licenses: Educational and Student licenses provide a cheaper subscription option specifically for students and educators, who plan to use the design software for learning purposes. This option includes free access for utilization of cloud, desktop, web and mobile products via the Autodesk Education Community. One renewal date for annual Education plan will be included as part of this option. The renewal is available as long as there is eligibility. Self-paced curriculum and learning content will be available as part of one-year free educational access to Autodesk products.
- Availability of free trials and demos: Autodesk also provides free trials and demos for free download. The products will be available for a limited period of time upon download and may have limited accessibility to its features.
It is really important to understand and appreciate different licenses types in order to be able to select the correct option that will fit your requirements. In case, if you are willing to find affordable Autodesk AutoCAD 2024 licenses, feel free to visit our license store ProCADIS.com to buy the license of your preference with discount up to 40%.
Key features and benefits of using AutoCAD 2024
Autodesk AutoCAD 2024 comes with a number of key improvements and latest features that can definitely benefit you as the end-user of this versatile design software. In overall, the main focus on quick creation and collaboration with regards to innovative solutions via assistive machine learning technology for improved design workflows. Commonly, the performance improvements in AutoCAD 2024 really impress — quick launching of software and fast switching between view ports and design models. Basically, 2024 version is significantly faster than any preceding versions.
Explore the primary features and advantages that AutoCAD 2024 brings to the table.
My Insights Macro Advisor & Dashboard
- commonly provides important info to user whenever needed and in the correct context to aid with sections that can be automated.
Count & Blocks Palette
- helps to count blocks 70% faster and to reuse design content with blocks in a quicker (up to 47%) manner.
Smart Blocks: Placement and Replacement
- allows to place blocks in your drawing automatically depending on where you’ve pasted the similar ones so far.
- helps to decrease the number of clicks and save the time process.
- assists in finding quickly the blocks of your need via functionality powered by machine learning.
- provides powerful automations that save time.
Web AutoLISP APIs
- main feature of AutoCAD desktop, which now enables customizations for automation of commands sequences in web AutoCAD.
Markup Import & Markup Assist
- Offers quicker cross-platform markup workflows via enhanced machine learning capabilities and significant experience enhancements.
Includes 24 items:
– AutoCAD – DWG History
– AutoCAD Architecture
– AutoCAD Electrical
– AutoCAD MEP
– AutoCAD Map 3D
– AutoCAD Mechanical
– AutoCAD Plant 3D
– AutoCAD Raster Design
– AutoCAD Web
– AutoCAD Web – mobile app
– AutoCAD for Mac
– AutoCAD web APIs
– Desktop Connector
– Insight – Energy Analysis
– Insight – Green Building Studio
– Markup Import & Markup Assist
– My Insights: Macro Advisor
– Shared Views
– Vault Basic – Client
– Vault Basic – Server
Essential Tools and Commands
Overview of commonly used tools and commands
On top of newly introduced features and tools, the following classic tools and commands are still available for your perusal:
- Line – available in Draw panel or else, via entering LINE or L in the Command Prompt; drawn by specifying line’s starting and ending points via mouse click.
- Circle – accessible via CIRCLE command; drawn via six various tools, i.e., by specifying radius and center, identifying two diametrical ends, selecting three points on a circle, tangent to two or three objects.
- Rectangle – drawn by selecting two opposite corners of the rectangle, as well as the size and the area of one of the sides, otherwise the dimensions of rectangle.
- Polyline – represent multiple lines; accessible via PLINE command in the Command Prompt; drawn by specifying starting point or its coordinates, as well as the following points.
- Trim – used to remove the undesirable and extending edges during design; able to erase lines, polylines, arcs, circles, rays, ellipses, text, splines, xlines, blocks, or viewports.
- Extend – opposite of the Trim tool; aids in extending polylines, lines, arcs and rays to meet other objects.
- Copy – creates copies of identified objects and places them at the location specified by user.
- Mirror – creates a mirror copy of the identified objects. The objects are subject to be mirrored at any specified angle. Mirror tool aids in drawing symmetrical figures.
- Rotate – selects the objects and the base point around which the identified objects will be rotated (by default, a positive angle causes a counterclockwise rotation, while a negative angle causes a clockwise rotation).
- Erase – erases the undesired objects from the drawn objects; accessible via accessing Erase tool from the Modify panel. Select View>Windows>Toolbars>AutoCAD>Modify from the ribbon to start Modify toolbar.
- Offset – used for drawing parallel lines, concentric circles, polylines, curves, arcs, etc.; requires specifying the offset distance and the side for offsetting.
- Move – aids in shifting easily one or more objects from their existing location to a new one, all without changing their orientation or size.
- Array – accessible by specifying the number of columns and rows together with the offset distances of Row and Column. In Polar Array, user is required to set the Center point around which the number of objects is required to be placed.
- Scale – allows altering the size of objects in your drawing.
- Fillet – aids in forming round corners between two entities by creating a sharp vertex.
- Explode – used for altering little details of an inserted whole drawing.
Drawing and editing objects in AutoCAD
Being a versatile design software, drawing and editing objects remain Autodesk AutoCAD’s key feature at all times. Likewise, there are multiple tools available for creating engineering drawings of any levels of difficulty. The abovementioned tools will generally be sufficient for creating a drawing and editing it. However, there are steps involved when you are required to draw in AutoCAD – select the tool and proceed with defining the coordinates. Drafting tools may be required to assist in identifying the exact position. Modifying object, on the other hand, is aa slightly different process. Some tools may also require user to specify coordinates. However, there is an important factor you should keep in mind to modify an object – select the objects you aim to modify.
All the tools used for modification of an object can be found in AutoCAD ribbon (Home Tab>Modify Panel). There is a wide selection of tools available there, and the most important ones have already been discussed above. Majority of tools have self-explanatory names. Each tool description can be located by moving the mouse pointer above the specific tool, and wait a bit until you see a more detailed tool description. Most common modification tools will require you to identify objects for modification, whereas other tools will require you to specify point coordinates, and other tools will require you to complete several additional options.
Working with layers and linetypes
Layers represent the main method of organizing the objects in design drawing based on purpose or function. Layers significantly decrease the drawing’s visual complexity and enhance display performance through hiding data that is not required to be seen at that particular moment. Prior to starting to draw, it is important to create a set of layers that are useful for your design project. For example, when designing a house plan, user may come up with layers for the foundation, floor plan, fixtures, doors, electrical etc. After creating a standard set of layers, user can save the drawing for future use as a template file (.dwt), which can be utilized anytime a new drawing is created.
Linetype represents a visual feature allocated to geometric objects. Linetypes can be represented by a pattern of dots, dashes, symbols, text, or unbroken and continuous. With Continuous linetype objects are displayed with an unbroken, solid pattern. With ByLayer linetype objects are displayed with the linetype attributed to the current layer. With an openly set linetype, e.g., DASHDOT, objects are displayed with that linetype irrespective of the current layer. With ByBlock linetype objects are displayed with the Continuous linetype until those objects get united into a block definition. Once the block is included into the drawing, it shows the current linetype for those objects. Prior to utilizing various linetypes, they are required to be loaded in the drawing via the Linetype Manager.
Using dimensions and annotations
Dimensions provide exact values and display them on a drawing, which is very useful in construction. Dimensions can be accessed from the Ribbon Annotate tab > Dimension panel. The necessary dimension tool can be selected from the Dimension drop-down list.
There are different types of dimensions, which hold various functions and used for specific purposes. The list of available dimensions in Autodesk AutoCAD 2024 includes: Linear dimensions, Aligned dimensions, Angular dimensions, Arc length dimensions, Radius dimensions, Diameter dimensions, Jogged dimensions, Ordinate dimensions, Quick dimensions, Continue dimensions, Baseline dimensions, Multileader dimensions and Associative Dimensions.
Annotation objects comprise notes, dimensions, and other types of explanatory symbols or objects generally utilized for adding information into your engineering drawing. Annotation objects include such data about a feature as the wall length, the fastener diameter, or a detail callout. Commonly, annotation objects are subject to different scaling comparing to the views of the drawing, and rely on the scale of how they are to appear once plotted.
User is able to control the method that an annotation object is scaled via definition of the object either as annotative or non-annotative. Likewise, annotative objects adjust to display automatically and homogenously at the same scale or size irrespective of the viewing scale. Non-annotative objects entail a fixed size or scale, which gets calculated dependent on the scale used for drawing plotting.
Working in 2D and 3D
Understanding the difference between 2D and 3D in AutoCAD
2D CAD represents a two-dimensional computer-aided design, whereas 3D CAD represents three-dimensional computer-aided design. 2D generally displays length and height data on a flat surface without involving depth. Though 3D is defined as 3D drawings or models, it still describes objects with height, width, and depth. 2D CAD engineering drawings commonly involve squares, rectangles, polygons, triangles, etc., whereas 3D engineering drawings involve cubes, cylinders, pyramids, spheres, prisms, etc.
Due to 2D CAD engineering drawings being flat, it is important for designers to understand that the appearance of the final product may be difficult to be comprehended by people without any technical background. Whereas with the 3D CAD model, the final product can be displayed, which makes it easier to be understood by majority of people. 3D models make it easier to explain and display products to workers and consumers.
Creating and modifying 2D drawings
Autodesk provides efficient 2D drawing and drafting software to enhance efficiencies, improve collaboration in projects, and make the process of design interesting. The FLATSHOT command represents high importance during design, because it is able to produce 2D geometric shapes with reference to a 3D figure. That function utilizes various views in XY plane within the model space. With help of that tool, user can obtain the top, front and isometric views of the geometry within a short period of time. Never forget about the 3D design you are aiming to work on afterwards.
Autodesk AutoCAD LT is the perfect and cheaper software specifically designed to work with 2D projects. It helps to come up with 2D designs with accuracy and best-in-class features for documentation. AutoCAD LT is used for:
- Design, drafting, and documenting with accurate 2D geometry;
- Streamlining your work via customization of interface and automation of your workflows with help of AutoLISP;
- Accessing a complete set of design, editing, and annotation tools.
Introduction to 3D modeling techniques in AutoCAD
3D modelling commonly offers a better and more detailed overview of the engineering project. Several types of 3D modeling are available in Autodesk AutoCAD 2024. Every 3D modeling technology offers a diversified set of skills.
- Wireframe modeling – used during initial design iterations as well as a reference geometry, acting as a 3D framework for further modification or modeling.
- Solid modeling – used for combination of primitives and extruded profiles, while offering sectioning capabilities and mass properties.
- Surface modeling – offers detailed control of curved surfaces for accurate analysis and manipulation.
- Mesh modeling – enables freeform sculpting, smoothing and creasing capabilities.
Advanced Features and Workflows
Exploring advanced tools and features in AutoCAD
Apart from common features, which are very helpful for CAD design in AutoCAD, there are also additional tools and features, which provide flexibility as well as versatility and comfort, while saving time when dealing with engineering drawings. Advanced features in AutoCAD provide detailed drawing with higher resolution, as well as many various colors, and in three dimensions. Among the advanced features of AutoCAD, it is worth pointing out layered drawings, volume rendering, graphics with surface and solids modelling, as well as other advanced topics related to three-dimensional drawings.
Working with blocks and attributes
Block represents a mixture of AutoCAD object types that comprise a real-world object e.g., a manhole, chair, utility pole, door, etc. Attribute commonly represents a label containing data for a specific block. For example, the following data can might be included in an attribute: part prices, numbers, comments, as well as names of owners. Once one or several attribute definitions are created, they can be attached to a block via inclusion in the selection set when user defines or redefines that specific block. Stand-alone attributes are also available for creation without being attached to a block. After defining attributes and saving the drawing, that drawing file can further be pasted inside another drawing. Once the drawing is pasted, user receives the attribute values.
Using parametric constraints for design flexibility
Parametric constraints provide the ability of forcing an object to behave based on the user’s preferences. For example, user can set a line to always stay vertical by setting a constraint on it. The list below includes the key constraints and how they work:
- Geometric Constraints – constrain an object depending on its geometric properties: horizontal, vertical, etc.
- Dimensional Constraints – constrain an object with reference to a set radius or length.
Besides that, the following commands may be useful when dealing with constraints:
- Display Constraints – used to activate/deactivate the visibility of the constraints.
- Delete Constraints – used for removal of constraints from the object. Accessed via DELCON / DELC command.
Collaborative workflows with AutoCAD
Collaborative workflows represent another very useful feature that allow to enhance the overall work and design, while optimizing the processes via merging various AutoCAD products for improved efficiency. Likewise, the following key workflows are currently available in AutoCAD:
- Collaborating in 2D Workflow – allows incorporating existing CAD files inside a Revit model.
- Collaborating for Review Workflow – used when team members are required to review the Revit model by accessing DWF files via Autodesk Design Review to provide comments.
- Collaborating with Revit Models Workflow – Revit offers various means of collaboration with team members who also use the software.
- Collaborating for Construction Workflow – uses Navisworks, Autodesk Docs Field and BIM 360 Glue for collaboration with user’s team throughout the construction process.
- Workflow for using Revit and Navisworks – relies on interoperability workflows between Navisworks and Revit to display user’s design in other models’ context and to verify the presence of any conflicts.
Industry Applications of AutoCAD
AutoCAD is widely applied in diversified industries, such as architecture, engineering, construction and many others. Of course, Autodesk has developed specific software to provide efficient engineering designs, solutions and optimizations for the best results. The following list includes major AutoCAD 2024 toolsets:
Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2024
AutoCAD Architecture toolset provides user with diversified tools for completion of projects quicker while scaling project pipeline. Includes access to the library with 8,800+ architectural components, together with multilevel blocks. Generates in auto mode elevations, floor plans, ceiling grids and sections. Allows to place walls, windows and doors in a fast manner via real-world construction.
Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2024
AutoCAD Mechanical enhances productivity via special tools for mechanical engineering, together with 700,000+ intelligent parts and other features. Mechanical toolset allows to access library of standards-based tools, parts, as well as custom content; create objects on custom layers and customize properties of object kinds; automate such tasks as producing bills of materials (BOMs).
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2024
AutoCAD Electrical enhances productivity through electrical design features that aid user in creating, modifying, and documenting electrical controls systems. Electrical toolset provides access to the library with 65,000+ intelligent electrical symbols; automates generation of component tags and numbering of wires; automatically generates and updates multiple customized reports.
Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2024
AutoCAD Plant 3D aids in creating and editing 3D models and P&IDs, as well as extracting piping isometrics and orthographics with a special toolset for plant design. Plant 3D toolset allows secure collaboration via cloud-based common data environment; accelerating and automating 3D modeling and P&ID drafting via in-context commands; creating piping isometric drawings automatically straight from the 3D model.
Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2024
AutoCAD MEP 2024 simplifies HVAC and building systems design via special toolset for MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing). MEP toolset provides access to the library with 10,500+ intelligent MEP objects; improves user’s workflow with individual palettes and domain-specific ribbons; updates drawings, schedules and sheets automatically once changes have taken place/
Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024
AutoCAD Map 3D is model-based GIS mapping software that allows to access GIS and CAD data for support of design, planning, and management. Map 3D toolset allows to access spatial data directly via Feature Data Objects (FDO) technology; edit geospatial data; manage infrastructure systems with EIM (Enterprise Industry Models).
Likewise, Autodesk AutoCAD 2024 offers a versatile toolset of products and useful features that are necessary for successful completion of sophisticated engineering designs, while maintaining high-quality output, precision and reliability. Don’t hesitate to access our software store to purchase the latest licenses for AutoCAD 2024 and bring your engineering design to a totally new level.
AutoCAD 2024 Reviews & Ratings (external links)
1. Engineering.com: AutoCAD Got a Little Smarter in 2024
2. DesignConsulting.com.au: What’s New in Autodesk AutoCAD 2024
3. CADPilot.com: AutoCAD 2024 The Release
4. Elise Moss. Autodesk AutoCAD 2024 Fundamentals ISBN 978-1-63057-577-9
5. CADLineCommunity.co.uk: AutoCAD 2024 is out! – What’s New? A first look